9th ACP Summit of Heads of State and Government : Moderator & Speaker
- Role: Moderator & Fashion Show Host
- Event: 9th ACP Summit of Heads of State and Government
- Place: Nairobi, Kenya
- Language(s): French
- “Ministerial Panel on Local Content Development in Oil, Gas and Mining Sector”
- “Realizing the Potential of the Orange Economy in ACP Countries”
- Notable guests:
- H.E. Mia Mottley, Prime Minister of Barbados
- H.E. Peggy Onkutlwile Serame – Minister of Investment, Trade and Industry, Botswana Government
Tania was invited to participate as a summit moderator at the business forum as well as a speaker at the main 9th ACP Summit of Heads of State and Government. The event took place from 9 to 10 December 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Summit themed “A Transformed ACP: Committed to Multilateralism”
The Summit came at an auspicious time for the ACP Group as it prepared to finalise the Post-Cotonou negotiations as well as the revision to its Constitutive Act, the Georgetown Agreement. At the 110th Session of the ACP Council of Ministers which will precede the Summit, Ministers will appoint the next Secretary-General for the term 2020 to 2025. The tenure of the current Senior Management Team expired on 28 February 2020.
The 2 panels held as topics :
- Ministerial Panel on Local Content Development in Oil, Gas and Mining Sector”
- Realizing the Potential of the Orange Economy in ACP Countries
The African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) is an organization created by the Georgetown Agreement in 1975. The ACP Group’s main goals centre around the sustainable development of its Member-States and their gradual integration into the global economy; coordination of the activities of the ACP Group in the framework of the implementation of the ACP-EU Partnership Agreements; consolidation of unity and solidarity among ACP states and establishing and consolidating peace and stability in a free and democratic society.